|Job Ref: 01981||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Managing Surveyor – (Dublin) – Fitout Company
Kppm are looking to recruit a Managing Surveyor (Dublin) for our client a Fitout Company who specialise in high-end commercial office buildings, retail, to heavy industrial data centres
The candidate is required to have 10+ years’ experience as a Senior Contract Surveyor and in Contract Administration, working with recognised Main Contractors (fitout preferable) or Consultancies operating in the Irish market on both public and private tenders/projects.
You will manage a team of Quantity Surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the business are managed effectively.
· The Managing Surveyor will provide commercial assurance of project margin performance
through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk,
management of commercial performance and cash flow.
· Reviewing contracts, managing contract execution and negotiating agreements with
Clients / Funders and Bank legal stakeholders on a multitude of contracts; FIDIC, NEC,
D&B and ICC, CostPlus, LumpSum, BeSpoke etc. Proven ability to administer the
contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
· Acting as Senior Contract Administrator, safeguarding scope, program obligation, analysis
of delays and damages.
· Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting.
Management of the Client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all
final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
· Proactive engagement with the Companies Project Managers on all live projects, to
ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected by taking responsibility for the commercial assurance of the projects under
· Vetting all main contracts and negotiations with perspective Clients.
· Reporting to Directors (Financial, Operations & Managing) on the financial progression of projects.
· General participation in management issues of the Company. Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Directors.
· Ensure the Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
· Responsible for Tender and Contract delivery strategy.
· Responsible for ensuring your Teams are on top of interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
· Ensure your Team’s Monthly applications are all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site
changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour variations, etc. as appropriate.
· Sign off on subcontract packages, appointments, program, variations & claim accounts, defects and abatement issues.
· Preparing delay, loss and expense claims with commercial team, identifying entitlements via delay and quantum analysis, advising on conflict avoidance and dispute measures.
· Defend against claims for accelerations, disruption or losses.
· Prepare and agree final account settlements for the Client or the Contractors, by negotiation and dispute resolution.
· Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external client executives so as to protect the company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
· You will report to the Financial Director
Educational & Experience:
· You must have a 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management with 10+ years’ experience as a Senior Contract Surveyor.
· A strong technical background and sound working knowledge along with a proven track
record of working with FIDIC, LumpSum, CostPlus, D&B, Management Contracts etc. is
· Ability to work under pressure, respond to change and meet concurrent deadlines with
high quality work.
· Demonstrated abilities of streamlining process and system improvement.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate concisely and articulately at all
· Experience in pre-contract preparation including documentation and overall content.
· Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents.
· Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of
· Working knowledge of labour costs, employment legislation and working rule agreements
in Ireland. Knowledge and experience in other European markets an advantage.
· Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build
· Good presentation and general management skills. Confident, resourceful and practical.
· Strong written communication abilities and IT literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Buildsoft,
· Cost-ex or equivalent,).
· Knowledge of Cost Management Software systems (ABM, RedSky or equivalent).
· Strong ability to negotiate a favorable commercial position for the Company essential.
· Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach.
· Ability to motivate and manage staff.
· Driving license holder.
· Personal commitment to equality and diversity.
This is a permanent staff role and salary is negotiable depending on experience + Company Vehicle or Travel Allowance + Pension + Bonus.
For further information or to apply please contact Paul Sinnott at kppm in Dublin on 086 043 8665 / firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.comApply for this job