|Job Ref: 2795||Recruiter: Tracey Hayden kppm 0861702901|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Building Services, Civil Engineering, Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Buyer ( Construction)
To support the Buyer, enhancing the efficiency of Procurement, by managing the contract expenditure in line with agreed objectives.
Work with Buyer, identifying and implementing strategies that enable Procurement to continually improve the service being provided which results in Procurement being recognised as a high performing service function. Assist in the delivery of best practice procurement.
Work closely with key stakeholders, providing effective service and strategies that are in line with business needs and objectives.
Develop effective and appropriate relationships with key suppliers based on the agreed strategy and manage supplier performance that promotes continuous improvement ethos.
• Develop a clear understanding of the business needs associated with all areas of expenditure
• Ongoing commercial management of suppliers and delivery of ongoing commercial opportunities
• Ensure effective supplier relationship management applied and ensure supplier numbers are appropriate for the category that will improve performance, reduce costs and minimise administration.
• Effectively manage risk and minimise accordingly ensuring business continuity
• Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the Purchasing strategy.
• Construct, negotiate, implement and manage Supply and service level agreements/contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, innovation, zero harm and service targets as required by the business
• Develop close working relationships with other key functions in the company and keep them aware of, and seek their views on, changes and initiatives to ensure a coordinated approach
• Apply and maintain procedures set out and adopt them accordingly as part of a pragmatic business support
• Commercial team
• Operational Business Managers and Operations generally
• Suppliers at all levels
Skills Required Include:
• Procurement knowledge in the construction sector -Preferred
• Knowledge and experience of current purchasing best practice principles
• Sound commercial acumen.
• Competent in use of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
or email firstname.lastname@example.org