|Job Ref: 02866||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin and Kildare|
|Job Category: Civil Engineering, Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Civil Engineer – Junior to Senior Level (Dublin and Kildare) – Substation Project
kppm are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer (Dublin and Kildare) to work on a Substation Project for our client a leading provider of innovative Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering solutions. The Civil Engineer role will include a robust & comprehensive design & specification review. Will work as part of a team from tender stage to successful project handover in accordance with specific project specifications & requirements. You will report to the Site Manager.
· Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
· Maintain Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental records.
· Daily management of resources.
· Liaise and manage appointed subcontractors.
· Record plant, labour, material & additional works.
· Compile data for any potential delay & compensation event.
· Liaise with all third-party project stake holders.
· Develop project plans, project programmes, create and update schedules / progress reports.
· Co-ordination of work phases, subcontractors and direct teams.
· Potential Implementation of Traffic Management plans, road closures etc.
· Procurement of materials
· Updating / assisting in project cost management including value engineering and ongoing project costs.
· Survey works
· Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
· Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, construction, testing and handover of all project systems.
· Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate programme of assigned engineering work and projects.
· Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
· Evaluate the effectiveness design and amend if necessary.
· Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
· Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
· Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Education and Experience
· Suitable candidates must have a Degree in Civil engineering.
· Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
· Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines.
· 3 years’ experience minimum
· Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
· A strong sense of ownership & responsibility for the assigned projects.
· Experience of live utilities.
· Setting out experience is a preference e.g. Total station, GPS etc.
This is a full time staff position and salary is €Negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply please contact Paul Sinnott at kppm in Dublin on 086 043 8665 / email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org