Commercial Manager (Construction) Dublin
Job Purpose: Lead, manage and support pre and post contract commercial activities of the Business Unit
Suitable candidates: Will have a relevant 3rd level degree + a minimum of 5+ years experience in the role of Commercial Manager in a Construction or Engineering main contractor setting and have a high level of ability and advanced knowledge of:
- subcontract/material orders and procurement.
- claims and dispute resolution
- Preparation and understanding of financial reports.
- Commercial strategy and innovation to maximize profit and cash management
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- WRA: Working Rule Agreement
- A good knowledge of Health and safety, quality procedures and construction industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contract procurement and risk management, ensure risks profiling has been carried out for each project.
- Maximizing cash management and profitability of the business unit, provide cash flows for each project, updated weekly and copied to the Commercial Director and Finance Director. Protecting The Company’s financial and contractual position, ensure that all terms, conditions and obligations meet the requirements of the policies and procedures of The Company.
- Ensuring financial close on each project in a timely fashion.
- Managing dispute resolution.
- Implementation of strategic commercial plans to meet changes in circumstances in the project, post commencement.
- Working with the Project Delivery Teams in ensuring compliance with contractual timescales on delays and claims notices and the proper maintenance of all records required to substantiate The Company’s contractual position.
- Ensuring that effective commercial management is provided throughout the department including training and coaching as necessary.
- Developing relationships with clients/supply chain/professional team.
- Training, mentoring and development of business unit commercial resources and site teams.
People Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of the employee relationship including :
- The Management of disciplinary issues and poor performance in conjunction with the HR Department.
- Annual and interim performance reviews.
- Management of training and development to ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs.
- Recommendation of salary increases and bonus payments as appropriate
- Management responsibilities
- Construction contract procedures
- Training and HR procedures
- Quality Assurance
- Environmental Procedures
- Health & Safety
For further information or to apply please contact Tom Doyle at kppm in Dublin P: 086 8205038. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job