|Job Ref: 02608||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Contract Surveyor s (Dublin)
Kppm are looking to recruit a Contract Surveyor s for our client one of the leading Construction Companies in Ireland with a strong focus on client satisfaction working with clients on their construction projects in the following industries: Commercial/Mixed Use, Retail, Large Scale Residential, Healthcare, Educational and Hotel and Leisure, New builds, Refurbishments and Restoration.
You will be responsible for the following including:
· Controlling Assistant Surveyors and Junior Surveyors.
· Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives at all times.
· Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held in connection with the work under their control.
· Liaising with other departments to facilitate the maximum exchange of information to improve the service provided and received by the Surveying Department.
· Maintaining a high level of morale among their subordinates.
· Preparation of monthly interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations’ of valuations and costs, and amounts for contract, subcontractors, specialists and suppliers.
· Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
· Recovery of all monies to which the company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
· In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of sub-contracts on work under his control, where required.
The principal duties of the Contract Surveyor are to:
· Carefully examine contract documents for all contracts under their control including contract conditions, bills of quantities, drawings and other design information. Particular notice is to be taken of unreasonable terms, restrictions, special risks, forms of measurement, general accuracy, and clarity of quantities and ensure that documents reasonably represent the work undertaken. This duty may also be required to be carried out on tenders when requested.
· Carry out a detailed examination of contract documents and highlight any anomalies.
· Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
· Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuation dates with client representatives.
· Prepare all necessary take-off in advance of the requirements of the Estimating, Procurement and Planning department.
· Ensure that, if required by the Procurement Department, sub-contracts are placed in good time to suit the contract programme and in accordance with company procedure. In consultation with Procurement Manager and with the approval of the Contract Manager, place domestic subcontracts on the basis of quotations received including additional estimates if considered desirable. Place nominated sub-contractors and nominated suppliers orders on the basis of the architects or engineers nomination.
· Carry out detailed site measurement of works in progress, including negotiations and agreements with client’s representatives for the valuation of re-measured work as soon as each section is completed.
· In conjunction with the Contract Manager ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives or confirmed by the project management are duly advised to the Professional Quantity Surveyor.
· Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations and applications for payments for all work in progress including all appropriate adjustments.
· Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
· Attend site progress meetings upon request or whenever it is considered in the company’s interest to do so.
· Prepare, submit and agree interim and final payments and accounts for domestic and nominated subcontractors, suppliers and specialists including adjustments.
· Prepare contract final accounts for each completed section of the works, including all adjustments and submit and agree with client’s representatives at the earliest opportunity.
· Liaise with the Contract Manager / Project Manager in carefully recording all details involving contractual delays due to late receipt of design information, delays by sub-contractors and suppliers and any other means. Ensuring during this process, that the company’s interests are fully protected by correspondence. Organise in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
· Communicate with other departments to ensure that prompt and adequate payments are received by the company for all work undertaken. Also ensure that prompt payments are made for all services rendered to the company.
· Provide the Associate Director (Surveying) with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
· Safeguard all monies, property, documents and confidential information belonging to the company, clients or personnel. Conduct correspondence and safeguard the interests of the company when so doing and correctly record its views.
· Suitable candidates must have a 3rd level Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics and have 6 – 10 years’ experience as a Contract Surveyor with a main Contractor
· This is a full time staff position and salary is €Negotiable depending on experience.
To discuss this great opportunity in further detail or to apply please call or Email Paul Sinnott at kppm in Dublin on: 086-0438665 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com