Design Manger (Modular Clean Room). This is a fantastic career opportunity for the right candidate
kppm are looking to recruit a Design Manager for our client a world leading Modular Clean Room Design specialist who have offices throughout the globe including head offices in: Ireland and USA also offices in the following locations: UK & EMEA working with International blue chip clients on large scale Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical and Semiconductor projects.
Purpose of the role: To manage all aspects of design process and design personnel with the company. The design manager will have a focus on all North American Projects.
Work Location and travel Options:
- Work from Home as your place of work (any location) with occasional travel to office in Kilkenny and occasional travel to Philadelphia /USA office.
- Work at the Kilkenny office with occasional travel to Philadelphia/USA Office.
- Work at Kilkenny office with occasional travel to Philadelphia/USA Office with an eventual move to Philadelphia office in the USA after a period of 12 Months (this is optional).
Remuneration Package: Currently negotiable depending on experience and option chosen re place of work
Reporting to – Operations Director based in USA.
- Order materials.
- Sign Off Designs
- Sign Off Ancillary Design Certs
- Authorise TMS
- Managing a design team.
- Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Liaising with the client to gain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements, including the scope of the project, technical requirements, timeframes and budget, keeping the client informed throughout.
- Assist in the pre-qualification and tendering process where required.
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Reviewing drawings, details, door schedules etc. primarily through Revit 3D models and/or AutoCAD.
- Monitoring design team progress and hosting project design meetings.
- Monitoring project files ensuring they are kept up to date with all relevant project correspondence.
- Monitoring handover documentation compiled by the team.
- Level 8 or Higher Design or Engineering
- 5+ Years experience in a similar design role
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Good forward planning and organisational skills.
- Good motivator and team leader.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proficient in Revit Design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Design.
- Knowledge of Irish Building Regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be efficient document managers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills working with clients, personnel, management and suppliers.
For further information or to apply: Please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job