Electrical Technical Director – Design Engineering (Dublin)
- Hi Tech Projects: (Data Centre, Pharmaceutical)
- Minimum 15 years experience.
- Salary up to €100k+
kppm are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Technical Director to be based in our clients Dublin office with experience in the delivery of Hi Tech Projects including: European data centres and mission-critical projects and or process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable.
Our client is an international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Suitable Applicants will have the following professional and technical expertise:
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience.
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent.
- Chartered Eng status.
- Experience of data centre or other mission critical projects.
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types.
- Experience of having managed projects abroad (desirable).
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation.
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law.
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc.
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work.
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes.
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Presentation skills.
- Leadership & mentoring skills.
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals.
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements.
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes.
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations.
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin.
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects.
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects.
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams.
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards.
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team.
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs.
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation.
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team.
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of the company.
- Hands on involvement in the sector management team in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Surveys and due diligence reports of existing data centers.
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises.
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions.
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the company Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
Remuneration: Ball park up to €100k+ for the right candidate plus comprehensive benefits package
For further information or to apply contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038. E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job