Financial Controller (Construction / Engineering Industry) Dublin North
kppm are looking to recruit a Financial Controller with Construction and or Engineering Industry Experience for a key role with our client a leading Global Engineering Contractor who employ over 1,000 staff
This is a fantastic and an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to develop a best in class finance function within a rapidly growing group of companies working in the Construction and Engineering sectors.
Suitable candidates must have as a minimum:
- Degree qualified Qualified accountant with five years relevant experience in the construction / Engineering industry in Ireland.
- Strong technical accounting skills, and strong commercial acumen.
- Organised and adaptable, as the Financial Controller, you must have excellent attention to detail. You must also have a deadline-oriented approach, a strategic mind set and the ability to lead, motivate and mentor others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, dedicated to getting the job done.
Key tasks and responsibilities – Strategic:
- Ensure the local finance team is engaged and motivated, their duties/tasks are fully explained and understood and carried out in accordance with the high standards and tight timelines required by the business.
- Ensure there is adequate cover for all key duties in the event of absence.
- Ensure appropriate funding requirements are in place for the businesses.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals and assist staff in designing and implementing training and development programs.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen financial systems and controls and lead the implementation of these improvements.
- Build and develop models to predict and track project financial performance including cash flow movement and profitability and to track the delivery of planned procurement benefits.
Key tasks and responsibilities – Operational:
- Reporting to the Finance Director and responsible for the day to day leadership, management and development of the Finance team.
- Deliver timely high-quality monthly management accounts including trading and project level analysis, overhead analysis and short- and long-term cash flow analysis and supporting KPIs to support business objectives.
- Working closely with Commercial and Operations colleagues, develop and manage ongoing project review analysis to be able to highlight as early as possible any issues with or variances from program which could have a financial impact on the business.
- Ensure risks, opportunities, and contingencies are fully reported.
- Provide detailed analysis of project performance versus initial tender/budget to support the project review process and understand reasons for and impact of changes.
- Deliver statutory reporting, audit and tax reporting requirements.
- Ensure books of account are properly maintained and that all key reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis.
- Stay up to date with relevant accounting, regulatory and other developments that impact the Group and be able to advise colleagues on same.
- Provide financial control and support for procurement functions including, where appropriate, financial business cases to support project or business buying decisions.
- Exercise strong control over collections and payments in line with Group policy and financial controls.
- Approve weekly and monthly payroll and supply chain payments in line with Short Term and Long-Term cash flow projections.
- Manage and report overheads in line with budget. Ensure robust analysis is in place to support any approval requests for overhead spend that is outside of budget.
- Take an active role in the preparation of the annual budget by providing financial information, analysis and commentary.
- Ensure full compliance with tax reporting and payment requirements.
- Provide financial information, analysis and recommendations to drive treasury and tax management in accordance with Group policies.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects to implement new systems, processes and controls in accordance with project plans and timelines.
- Industry experience in leading a finance team and meeting reporting standards and deadlines.
For further information or to apply contact Tom Doyle at kppm in strictest confidence Ph: 086 8205038 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job