|Job Ref: 02830||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Health and Safety Advisor (Dublin)
kppm are looking to recruit a: Health and Safety Advisor (Dublin) for our client a leading construction and fit out contractor who design and build high quality buildings in Ireland, UK and Europe. ** Commercial Mixed Use ** Hospitality ** Retail ** Educational ** Airport ** Hospital / Healthcare ** Data Centre**
Offering clients building solutions from the ground up and also creating hi quality interior spaces that work for their clients specific needs on: New Build Projects and Existing Building upgrades and refurbishments. Headquartered in Dublin with locations throughout Ireland, UK and Europe they are a forward thinking company who can offer strategic career development to the right candidates. Reporting to: Health and Safety Manager
The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for establishing, developing and directing the implementation of the HS&E strategy on Projects while ensuring that a Positive Safety Culture is maintained, and are established as industry leaders in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
· Support the H&S Manager in the development and implementation of the safety management system and safe systems of work in line with statutory obligations.
· Review & revise project specific HSE documentation / site H&S plans.
· Advise site teams in relation to their duties under relevant legislation & Construction Regulations.
· Co-ordinate and supervise on specified projects to ensure AF1 and AF2 forms, site induction training, method statements, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety audits, plant inspections, working at height equipment inspections, incident and accident reports etc. are completed as required.
· Provide advice & direction to the project management team.
· Assist the site team in the preparation of task risk assessments and method statements.
· Review subcontractor documentation for adequacy.
· Monitor works to ensure control measures are effective.
· Promote a positive safety culture and continuous improvement through the project.
· Carry out all work requested in a professional and diligent manner.
· Review, revise & update project specific safety documentation.
· Review & revise sub-contractor site specific safety statements / safety plans / method statements.
· Review, revise & update site specific safety management filing systems.
· Inspect and audit project during construction and prepare relevant reports.
· Prepare hand out material for toolbox talks.
· Review & revise site specific induction training programmes and training requirements.
· Assist the H&S Manager in the procurement of required training courses.
· Investigate near-misses, incidents and accidents on your projects and ensure all information is fed back to the H&S Manager.
· Liaise with the Health & Safety Authority during any inspections and follow up on any comments raised.
· Liaise with third parties – contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, clients, etc.
· Chair regular safety meetings on the project.
Education and Experience
· Suitable candidates must have a third level qualification in H&S or a related discipline.
· 3+ years’ experience working on large scale commercial/construction projects.
· Highly organised and capable of managing multiple project simultaneously.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Conscientious, highly focused and detail orientated.
· Self-starter and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
· Full clean driver’s license preferable.
· Excellent communication skills.
This is a full-time staff position and salary is €Negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply please contact Paul Sinnott at kppm in Dublin on 086 043 8665 / email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org