Kppm are currently looking to recruit a: Health and Safety / EHS OFFICER for our client a busy Facilities Management company based in Dublin 15 who have a large portfolio of clients in both the Public and Private sector including Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Commercial businesses Hard Services including: Mechanical, Electrical, Process Services and BMS Systems. Keeping large scale buildings and business operational 24 / 07 / 365
As an employee of or client you will be highly valued as their people are the foundation of their continued growth across all client sectors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating works with the client, PSDP/PSCS and other trades on site.
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Continue to develop the companies Behavioral Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain the required SQE registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Provide SQE advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
Person Specification / Requirements
Minimum qualifications and experience: A recognized SHEQ qualification plus a minimum of 3/4 years SHEQ Officer experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full, clean driving licence
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
For Further information or to apply Please contact: Tom Doyle in strictest confidence, Phone: 086 8205038 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job