Maintenance Supervisor (Dublin) Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plant
kppm are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor for our client a Large Pharmaceutical Production Plant. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager. Ensuring that the maintenance standards and the reliability of Filling and Packing Equipment and associated services and clean utilities are in line with international best practice.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Third level qualification (degree or higher) in Engineering or Science. A minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance supervision role in a multi-national manufacturing organisation is essential and a recognised mechanical or electrical trade qualification desirable but not essential.
- Excellent cross functional and collaborative style and technical acumen enabling you to be a trusted partner to the Technical Services and Production teams. In this capacity, you are expected to work closely with the Maintenance team in driving and developing the maintenance standards.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and stakeholder management skills to enable you to build strong relationships in a complex and diversified organisation – and you have the proven ability to address difficult issues and manage when it is necessary.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable you to navigate effectively across multiple change agendas on site.
The Primary tasks of the Role Include:
- Support the day-to-day running of the Filling and Packing Production Areas.
- Set and deliver challenging targets for the following performance metrics: downtime, schedule adherence, routing adherence, and deviations.
- Identify improvements in the work area. Implement best practice systems for improving performance against the metrics described above. This will include identifying key areas of downtime and putting corrective actions in place.
- Ensure CAPAs, Deviations and Change Controls are raised and followed through in accordance with the QT system.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Environmental, cGMP regulations and company standards. Lead by example and ensure that all work is to the highest standard and in compliance with all requirements / standards, FDA, cGMP, etc.
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership to the technicians within the department including planning their work.
- Integrate production and maintenance activities where possible and encourage and develop a cohesive, outcome-focused, high performing and highly motivated business team.
- Support the development, design, installation and qualification of new capital equipment so that the production departments receive a standard and reliable process that requires the minimum of support resources. Monitor and control the acquisition of new equipment and ensure that equipment types are standardised as much as possible.
- Support validation documentation generation and execution for any process changes made in the area.
- Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to carry out routine work and to record breakdown work associate with equipment, review reports from CMMS and ensure that the preventive maintenance being carried out is relevant and performed in full and on time, ensure that in the event of breakdown that remedial work is expedited and that follow-up actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Attend training and further education programs where appropriate.
- Deal with all industrial relation issues in so far as possible at a local level and promote good industrial relations in the execution of the job.
- Ensure that Maintenance Manager and the Business Unit Managers are kept informed of significant developments within the area
For further information or to apply: Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm in strictest confidence, Phone: 086 8205038 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job