As a minimum suitable applicants will have: a 3rd level Engineering degree with the relevant number of years experience listed working as a Manufacturing Engineer in either a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plant providing support to production and manufacturing. Ability to work in an organised fashion, Attention to detail and a Self-starter.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide engineering support to production through improved methods, processes, jigs and fixtures, tooling and machine enhancements to improve standard times and employee efficiencies in order to manufacture quality medical guide-wires at the target costs. Validate and introduce new equipment and processes to production. Create and maintain Device Master Record (DMR) Documentation through the order entry and ECO process. Train employees to perform processes as documented by standard operating procedures.
- Learn Manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production.
- Lead or participate in projects, working closely with Production, Maintenance and Quality departments to implement the required changes to stabilise and improve processes. Goals include reducing defects, increasing efficiencies and increasing process uptime.
- Employ Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies such as process mapping, control charting, as appropriate in project work.
- Monitor manufacturing activities, measure significant process characteristics and analyse variation in order to detect and reduce waste / scrap. Support the manufacturing process by taking corrective and preventative action on production delays and deviations.
- Project management using standard methodology.
- Transfer of automation and new process projects to production, both within and between sites.
- Transfer of New Products to production, both within and between sites.
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Process and product validation.
- Process / layout design and implementation.
- Develop and support related documentation: – ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation.
- Order Entry processing.
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment.
- Jigs and fixture specification and development.
- Assist in the specification of spare part lists.
- Be an active member of the team and work with all employees to develop a world class lean manufacturing system.
- Comply with the behavioral standards.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build Lake Region products and improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
For further information or to apply: Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm. P: 086 8205038
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job