Mechanical Lead (Clonmel/Waterford) Supervision and Management – Pharmaceutical Construction Project
Main Role Supervision and management of all Site based Mechanical Staff including construction superintendents, trade supervisors and sub-contractors.
Brief Description /Job and Summary
Responsibility for the proper and timely construction of the Mechanical Scope in accordance with Safety and Quality standards, the detailed design, the control estimate, contract, SOP’s, WI’s, standards etc.
Provide input for the development of the Mechanical construction department which will include improving execution procedures, liaising with the Mechanical Design department leads, and managing and developing Mechanical construction resources across the project.
- Assist the CM with Constructability Reviews and Interactive planning sessions with the Client and Design Team.
- Ensure that the construction phase of the projects is adequately provided with suitably capable, qualified and experienced personnel, together with all the necessary plant, tools, temporary facilities and other resources.
- Develop best in class site execution SOP’s as guidance to the Field Supervisors.
- Complies with construction methods, procedures and practices in all respects, particularly those relating to safety, quality assurance, personnel and industrial relations; where these are found to be inadequate immediately reports the deficiencies and suggests solutions.
- Ensure that the applicable statutory and other legal requirements are properly observed.
- Understand the implications of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations as they affect the responsibilities of employees.
- Keep abreast of developments in the construction industry and assists in ensuring that capability continues to develop and excel.
- Ensure that the project is constructed to the drawings, specifications, applicable standards, good construction practices, to schedule and in accordance with the cost budget.
- Direct and control the activities of the assigned staff and their functions.
- Carry out assessments and appraisals of the staff and reports the results in accordance with practice.
- Determine the needs for supervisor training for proper execution of the project under construction and make recommendations accordingly.
- Ensure of utilising the best technology available and ensuring innovative ideas are encouraged.
- Ensure lessons learned on projects are recorded and shared.
- Adhere to the policies for the employment of labour and ensure that all matters concerning labour relations are dealt with in accordance with the labour agreements.
For further information or to apply in strictest confidence contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 |E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job