Mechanical Construction Project Lead ( Dublin)
My client is looking for Mechanical Construction Project Lead for Dublin
Supervises and manages all site mechanical staff including construction superintendents, trade supervisors and sub-contractors
The Mechanical Construction Lead is assigned to a project as a senior member of the Construction Team with responsibility for the proper and timely construction of the mechanical scope in accordance with safety and quality standards, the detailed design, the control estimate, contract, SOP’s, WI’s, standards etc. Responsibilities extend to all element of Mechanical Construction (HVAC, Piping, Sprinkler etc.) depending on the project.
The Mechanical Construction Lead will also provide input for the development of the Mechanical Construction department which will include improving execution procedures, liaising with the Mechanical Design department leads, and managing and developing Mechanical Construction resources across the project.
The duties of the Mechanical Construction Lead are set out below.
- Assists the CM with Constructability Reviews and Interactive planning sessions with the Client and Design Team
- Engages with the Design, Commissioning and Client teams throughout the project to ensure system turnovers are achieved to scheduled milestones
- Ensures that the construction phase of the projects is adequately provided with suitably capable, qualified and experienced personnel, together with all the necessary plant, tools, temporary facilities and other resources
- Develops best in class site execution SOP’s as guidance to the Field Supervisors
- Complies with construction methods, procedures and practices in all respects, particularly those relating to safety, quality assurance, personnel and industrial relations; where these are found to be inadequate immediately reports the deficiencies and suggests solutions
- Ensures that the applicable statutory and other legal requirements are properly observed
- Understands the implications of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations as they affect the responsibilities of employees
- Keeps abreast of developments in the construction industry and assists in ensuring that the capability continues to develop and excel
- Ensures that the projects are constructed to the drawings, specifications, applicable standards, good construction practices, to schedule and in accordance with the cost budget
- Directs and controls the activities of the assigned staff and their functions
- Determines the needs for supervisor training for proper execution of the project under construction and makes recommendations accordingly
- Ensure are utilising the best technology available and ensuring innovative ideas are encouraged
- Ensuring lessons learned on projects are recorded and shared
- Adheres to policies for the employment of labour and ensures that all matters concerning labour relations are dealt with in accordance with the labour agreements
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job