Lead Piping Designer and Senior Piping Designer
kppm are currently recruit for 2 x Piping Design roles a Lead Piping Designer and Senior Piping Designer to work on a Pharmaceutical Process Plant Projects with our client an international engineering company who design and build hi tech process plants for global clients based in Ireland roles based in Dublin and Cork
Lead Role: 10+ yrs experience working as a Piping Designer on Pharmaceutical Projects.
Lead Role: 7 to 8 yrs experience working as a Piping Designer on Pharmaceutical Projects
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Senior piping designers required for large API/Biotech/Fill Finish projects being run out of the Jacobs Cork and Dublin offices. Site visits will be required as projects dictate.
- Responsible for the complete piping design of a small area of a project or a section of a larger project. Opportunities available to work as an area lead on larger projects.
- Develop 3D modelling and supporting of complex process and mechanical piping systems given basic information such as P&ID’s, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Develop equipment layouts in green field and existing facilities.
- Perform field design work/site surveys to identify current conditions/tie-ins as required.
- Provide technical direction and supervision to junior/intermediate piping designers in a team environment.
- Prepare material take-offs for cost estimates and material procurement during concept and basis of design phases.
- Prepare conceptual designs, feasibility studies and equipment stack ups.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality a must in reviewing, checking and clash checking other designers work.
- Review/comment on vendor drawings.
- Be proactive in co-ordination with other disciplines.
- Attend model reviews as required.
- Reports administratively to the department manager and day to day to the piping lead.
- Training and Experience.
- 3rd level engineering qualification or equivalent trade experience.
- Strong work ethic with good communications skills required for working on projects with multi office execution.
- The candidate must have experience with process and mechanical piping systems in Life Sciences and have complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Proficient in Navisworks and Plant 3D/SP3D or similar 3D software essential.
Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P:086 8205038. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job