Principal Electrical Design Engineer (Dublin)
- Hi Tech Projects: (Data Centre, Pharmaceutical)
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Salary up to €75k+
kppm are looking to recruit an experienced Principal Engineer to be based in our clients Dublin office with experience in the delivery of Hi Tech Projects including: European data centres and mission-critical projects and or process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable. Our client is an international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Suitable Applicants will have the following professional and technical expertise:
- BSc/BEng or degree in appropriate engineering discipline or sufficient equivalent experience.
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND plus appropriate experience or equivalent.
- Working towards Chartered Eng status.
- Significant experience of specification design for several building types.
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK Regulations/Codes.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Managerial skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- Responsible for the running of large projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc (Several building types).
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes.
- Surveys, tests, carries out dilapidation reports on existing electrical / mechanical installations.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams.
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services.
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
Remuneration: Ball park up to €75k+ for the right candidate plus comprehensive benefits package
For further information or to apply contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job