Process Design Engineer (s) Dublin & Cork Kppm are currently looking to recruit a number of Process Design Engineers to work on large scale: Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical projects with our client an international consulting engineers for roles at their offices in Dublin and Cork
Suitable candidates must have a 3rd level degree in Process – Chemical – Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of:
3+ years experience working as a Process Design Engineer for intermediate level roles
6+ years experience working as a Process Design Engineer for Senior Level roles
These roles can be offered on a Hybrid where candidates can be based working between home and the office at either Dublin or Cork
Our client is willing to offer very competitive rates and are currently negotiable depending on experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Process Design Basis
- Applies process design criteria, guidelines and contract requirements to process design work.
- May be responsible for interacting with licensors, including establishing design basis and licensor evaluation.
- Applies process design criteria and guidelines to all phases of process engineering.
- Prepares flow diagrams and participates in flow diagram reviews.
- Understands the importance of the flow diagram as a communication tool to other disciplines.
- Is able to prepare and review flow diagrams with total information to correspond to the flow sequence, operability and the safety of the unit/system.
- Answers questions, with confidence, from other disciplines and clients as to the requirement/function of each item on the flow sheet.
- Back checks, updates, and ensures consistency with related design documents such as specification sheets and with other units.
- Prepares and reviews metallurgy flow diagrams.
- Prepares process and utility equipment specification sheets. May be responsible for design of a system or a complete unit.
- Understands importance of the equipment specification sheet as a communication tool with other disciplines.
- Prepares equipment duty specifications for all equipment including complex equipment such as reactors.
- Prepares detail design specification for all equipment.
- Reviews input from other disciplines for compatibility with process design for all equipment.
- Prepares instrumentation process data. Assists in establishing control philosophy for relatively complex control systems to meet process objectives, including safety.
- Prepares control valves process data, relief valve data, analyzer data.
- Interprets control philosophy of relatively complex control systems.
- Reviews control systems specification sheets for consistency with process data
- Reviews logic diagrams for relatively simple loops.
- Evaluates alternative control strategies to meet process objectives.
- Performs specifications/calculations and technical studies.
- Completes conceptual developments of a major system and performs all necessary calculations for process design of systems and equipment within the assigned area.
- Performs relatively complex technical studies under general supervision.
- Ensures that calculations are legible, well organized, correctly references as to equipment/system, dated and signed.
- Reviews and approves equipment bid tabulations and vendor data.
- Expeditiously reviews equipment requests for quotes, purchase requests, bid tabulations and vendor data for conformance to specifications, process compatibility, safety and operability.
- Ensures consistency of vendor data with other design documents such as flow diagrams, area classifications drawings, utility summaries, etc
Future possible R&Rs –
- Responsible for performing various process engineering work functions in a manner that will provide a safe and operable plant
- Understands obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability.
- Identifies potentially lethal/toxic substances and designs the systems handling those substances in accordance with established Jacobs/Client procedures.
- Reviews the unit/plant layout for unsafe piping/equipment arrangement and for adequate access to critical valves.
- Assists in specification of any required safety systems (eye-washers, safety-showers, gas detectors, etc).
- Assists in the production of plant operating manuals. May assume overall responsibility for manuals relatively less complex units.
- Understands and applies guidelines developed by others regarding the required contents of the operating manuals.
- Writes assigned sections of the manuals for complex units or writes complete manuals for less complex units. The manuals should be technically correct, complete and clearly written.
- Assists in process field work.
- Shows a willingness to accept field assignments to fulfil project requirements (personal circumstances permitting).
- Performs, under general supervision, a plant checkout as required to ensure flow diagrams and designs have been correctly implemented and all tie-in correctly located.
- Assists, under general supervision, in operator training programs as required.
- Assists, under general supervision, in plant start-up and /or plant performance testing as required.
- Assists, under general supervision, in writing of the Process Final Job Report.
- Becomes knowledgeable of and adapts to the construction/operation environment.
For further information or to apply please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 | E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org