kppm are currently looking to recruit up to 5 Process Design Engineers to work for our client an international engineering company with offices throughout the globe for roles based at their office in Cork.
These are long term contract roles on a Contract FOR Services hourly rate basis
Suitable candidates: Will have a relevant 3rd level degree Process / Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 5+ years experience working on large scale Pharmaceutical and or Biopharmaceutical Projects. Process Design, Flow Diagrams, Equipment Datasheets, Control Philosophy, Calculations, Equipment Selection and Review, Plant Safety and Operability, Operating Manuals and Fieldwork as listed in detail below:
Main Duties will include:
- Apply process design criteria, guidelines and contract requirements to process design work.
- Be responsible from time to time for interacting with licensors, including establishing design basis and licensor evaluation.
- Apply process design criteria and guidelines to all phases of process engineering.
You will: Prepare flow diagrams and participate in flow diagram reviews.
- Have a strong understanding of the importance of the flow diagram as a communication tool to other disciplines.
- Have the ability to prepare and review flow diagrams with total information to correspond to the flow sequence, operability and the safety of the unit/system.
- Be confident at answering questions from other disciplines and clients as to the requirement/function of each item on the flow sheet.
- Have strong experience with Back checks, updates, and ensure consistency with related design documents such as specification sheets and with other units.
- Prepare and review metallurgy flow diagrams.
- Prepare process and utility equipment specification sheets and be responsible from time to time for design of a system or a complete unit.
- Fully understand the importance of the equipment specification sheet as a communication tool with other disciplines.
- Prepare equipment duty specifications for all equipment including complex equipment such as reactors.
- Prepare detail design specification for all equipment.
- Review input from other disciplines for compatibility with process design for all equipment.
- Prepare instrumentation process data. Assist in establishing control philosophy for relatively complex control systems to meet process objectives, including safety.
- Prepare control valves process data, relief valve data, analyzer data.
- Interpret control philosophy of relatively complex control systems.
- Review control systems specification sheets for consistency with process data.
- Review logic diagrams for relatively simple loops.
- Evaluate alternative control strategies to meet process objectives.
- Perform specifications/calculations and technical studies.
- Complete conceptual developments of a major system and performs all necessary calculations for process design of systems and equipment within the assigned area.
- Perform relatively complex technical studies under general supervision.
- Ensure that calculations are legible, well organized, correctly references as to equipment/system, dated and signed.
- Review and approve equipment bid tabulations and vendor data.
- Expeditiously review equipment requests for quotes, purchase requests, bid tabulations and vendor data for conformance to specifications, process compatibility, safety and operability.
- Ensure consistency of vendor data with other design documents such as flow diagrams, area classifications drawings, utility summaries, etc
- Be responsible for performing various process engineering work functions in a manner that will provide a safe and operable plant.
- Understand obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability.
- Identify potentially lethal/toxic substances and designs the systems handling those substances in accordance with established
- Review the unit/plant layout for unsafe piping/equipment arrangement and for adequate access to critical valves.
- Assist in specification of any required safety systems (eye-washers, safety-showers, gas detectors, etc).
- Assist in the production of plant operating manuals. May assume overall responsibility for manuals relatively less complex units.
- Understand and apply guidelines developed by others regarding the required contents of the operating manuals.
- Write assigned sections of the manuals for complex units or write complete manuals for less complex units. The manuals should be technically correct, complete and clearly written.
- Assist in process field work.
- Show a willingness to accept field assignments to fulfil project requirements (personal circumstances permitting).
- Perform, under general supervision a plant checkout as required to ensure flow diagrams and designs have been correctly implemented and all tie-in correctly located.
- Assist under general supervision in operator training programs as required.
- Assist under general supervision, in plant start-up and /or plant performance testing as required.
- Assist, under general supervision, in writing of the Process Final Job Report.
- Become knowledgeable of and adapt to the construction/operation environment.
For further information or to apply: Please Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job