Senior Process Engineer (Technical Director) Cork-Ireland
kppm are looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer for the role of: Technical Director with our client a leading consulting engineering firm with offices in the following locations in Ireland Dublin and Cork and part of a larger global company.
Providing multi-discipline professional engineering solutions including design, validation, procurement, project and construction management services with significant expertise in the bio-technology, pharmaceutical, chemical processing and data center sectors.
They also working in the food and beverages, educational, Government Agency and hospitality sectors
To be successful in this senior Technical Director role, you will have experience in the delivery of high technology projects in the Life Sciences sector. Other sector experience in the chemical processing, laboratories and cleanrooms sectors would be desirable
Suitable applicants to meet the following Educational and Experience requirements:
- E./BSc in Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering, M.IChemE, M.ISPE or equivalent plus 8+ years experience working as a Process Engineer and more recently at senior Technical lead or Technical Director level.
- You will be a Chartered Engineer or aspiring to chartered status.
- Significant experience of specification design for Life Sciences projects
- Experience of having managed international projects would be desirable but not essential.
Specific Skillset / Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation including the ATEX directives.
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law.
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc.
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work.
- Ability to use IT-based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Good understanding of BS standards/ EU regulations/codes.
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Presentation skills.
- Leadership & mentoring skills.
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
Specific Business Understanding:
- Background in consulting Engineering or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Role and Responsibilities:
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services in the Life Sciences sector.
- Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals.
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements.
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client, or others.
- Carries out surveys and due diligence reports on existing process installations.
- Assists project managers in fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin.
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects.
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects.
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractor’s teams.
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards.
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team.
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and detailed designs.
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation.
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team.
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of The Company. Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises.
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions.
Interaction and Influencing
- Board Directors, Project Managers, Non-technical / administrative colleagues.
- Collaborating globally with peers and counterparts.
- Developing long-term business relationships with colleagues
- Developing long-term business relationships with suppliers, clients and business professionals.
This is a permanent key role and a strategic appointment with our client. Salary / Package: Negotiable
Contact: Tom Doyle (Managing Partner) at kppm, P: 086 8205038 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job