PROJECTS COORDINATOR / PM (IRELAND) – Highway Transport Tunnel infrastructure projects
The company is a large multinational engineering consultancy that undertakes works in the highway and public realm and transportation areas.
The Project involves the provision of technical advice and any other services to support the client’s requirements in connection with highway infrastructure operations and maintenance. The services provided include the following:
- i) Undertaking day to day contract management and performance monitoring activities, including periodic audits on existing tunnel systems and operations, as well as Motorway Traffic Control Centre (MTCC) operations and compliance by the O&M Contractor with existing contract requirements;
- ii) Development and management of detailed contract variations or task orders in respect of tunnel life cycle renewal and upgrade activities;
iii) Administration and monitoring of PPP Contracts including checking of key documentation deliverables and the carrying out of periodic audits and checks on existing tunnel and motorway service area facility systems and operations;
- iv) providing advice on matters relating to NEC3 Contract administration or any other contract that may be entered into in respect of a tunnel/service area;
- v) providing advice on and monitoring compliance with Tunnel Safety Directive obligations across all tunnels on the national road network;
- vi) providing project and programme management services in connection with the client schemes which impact the Project’s facilities and their operation; and
vii) additional ad hoc advice as may be required in relation to the services provision
The client has significant upgrade projects in progress to improve the way in which its Dublin Tunnel, Jack Lynch Tunnel and MTCC functions. The scale and duration of these works will have potential impacts on the operation and maintenance of the tunnels and MTCC during works. These projects are being executed by both the O&M Contractor as Task Orders and also by other the client third party project teams. The projects are concerned with a broad range of tunnel technical systems including civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, Information Technology (IT) and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems. It is important that there is a consistent and close engagement between all Stakeholders in the projects so that the projects are delivered on time and to budget and all changes to the tunnels and MTCC operations are understood and addressed so as to minimise impacts on the public and other stakeholders.
The role involves the coordination and management of both Task Orders undertaken as variations to its contract with the client, Task Orders undertaken by the O+M Contractor and also projects undertaken by third party teams on behalf of the client, all of which have an impact the Dublin Tunnel, Jack Lynch Tunnel or MTCC operations.
A key function of the role involves liaising and working with the client’s project teams and all relevant Stakeholders during the development, construction and commissioning of upgrade schemes.
We are looking for an individual ideally with experience and knowledge of delivery of multidisciplinary projects – civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, IT and ITS systems – and ideally an understanding of highway infrastructure and operation and maintenance activities.
The role will require an individual who has some experience in managing disparate projects ideally in the highway, transportation or construction industries. They must be able to work effectively with limited direct supervision, have excellent written communication skills and have a good understanding of project management techniques. They will be working with Contractors, Clients and Internal Teams.
The individual will work as a key part of a small core team drawing on specialist and experts from various disciplines as required.
The Projects Coordinator will report to and support the Commission Manager in delivering programme and project management and technical advice and services to the client(s).
The key duties of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acting as a single point of contact to rationalise and efficiently coordinate communications relating to the interfaces between the client and all stakeholders;
- Liaising with the O+M Contractor and the client’s third party project teams throughout the development, construction and commissioning of the schemes;
- Attending project and Stakeholder meetings to monitor and record progress of actions and identify problems;
- Identifying, tracking and documenting the impacts, the changes and new installations and facilities will have on the operations and maintenance of the tunnels;
- Coordinating and assisting in the development of new procedures that may be required to address the interfaces with the upgraded systems;
- Facilitating the development of a resource plan for future operations following upgrades;
- Facilitating site visits which may be required by the project teams and works;
- Producing a monthly summary report for the Client in an agreed format and content;
- To monitor a contractor’s execution of a portfolio of multidisciplinary upgrade and renewal schemes from Inception through to Handover. The schemes would range in size with the level of governance and management varying accordingly.
- To project manage feasibility and other studies and team member’s workstreams, and ensure in liaison with the Commission Manager the timely close-out of projects;
- To coordinate the input of specialists from internal project teams and external resources
- To review all submissions from the Contractor to check against the requirements of the original Task Order request for a proposal and the Contract and to arrange for technical review by appropriate matter specialist where appropriate;
- Propose alternatives for expediting / recovering of project schedules with contractors for presentation to, and agreement with, the client;
- To maintain a knowledge on the status of the projects at all times and be able to report internally;
- Support the Commission Manager and ensure effective management of contracts including progress reporting, milestones and interim valuations, early warnings, compensation events, changes etc.;
- Draft and / or review communications and correspondence to contractors.
- To prepare and present reports and presentations to the client team and other key stakeholders
- To liaise with other teams and within the wider business and other key stakeholders
- Preparation of all necessary reports;
- Manage day to day operational duties;
- Ensure internal procedures and processes are mapped, formalised and amended when necessary;
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
CO-OPERATION AND COMMUNICATION
The successful candidate will, in the course of the satisfactory performance of duties, be required to maintain good relations with the internal team and support groups, the client and the O & M Contractors.
The successful candidate must have a numerate Level 8 qualification such as a Degree in Engineering or Quantity Surveying or Project Management or other applicable discipline. Other qualifications relating to Procurement would be beneficial.
Fluent in written and spoken English;
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THE ROLE
It is expected that individuals capable of successfully fulfilling the role would have a combined 7+ years relevant experience in a similar role.
The individual must have / be
- Good team player;
- Analytical, numerate and self-motivated;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of and ability in chairing meetings;
- Experience of managing resources to deliver work on time and to agreed budgets;
- Ability to prioritise, to achieve deadlines and to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other Senior colleagues;
- Demonstrate initiative with managing workload;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good experience and knowledge of project or programme management, ideally in a multidisciplinary environment; and
- A good understanding of the Microsoft platform and applications particularly Project, Excel and Word;
It would be highly desirable for the individual to have / be:
- Experience of working on an Infrastructure O & M scheme;
- Knowledge of Intelligent Transport Systems and experience of working on ITS schemes;
- Well versed in modern procurement and contract management techniques;
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance (O & M) of highway infrastructure or similar sector would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with the NEC3 Contract and its mechanisms;
- Understanding of commercial risk and procurement strategies;
- Comfortable in a Matrix management environment as part of an integrated team delivering the Project’s objectives;
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary highway projects;
- Knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job