QA/QC Engineer (Dundalk)
kppm are currently looking to recruit a QA/QC Engineer/Inspector for a large scale Biologics/Pharmaceutical Plant Construction project based in Dundalk.
This is an opportunity for you to work for our client an Irish owned global Engineering and Construction leader on this project.
Suitable candidates will have as a minimum a related 3rd level degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction or demonstrated experience in the trade sector and a minimum of 5 years working as a QA / QC Engineer/Inspector
Role & Responsibility’s include:
- To communicate the minimum QC requirements to any suppliers and or subcontractors.
- To have the authority to stop work for cause, reject work, order work removed, initiate remedial work, propose solutions, and reject material not in compliance with the Contract.
- Be completely familiar with the Contract Scope of Work, Drawings, Specifications and Codes and Standards.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of our clients Site QC program with subcontractors and monitor their conformance.
- Inspect existing conditions prior to the start of new work packages.
- Conduct a pre-construction Quality Control meeting with our clients construction team prior to the commencement of each major item of work required by the Contract.
- Perform in-process and follow up inspections on each of the work segments to ensure compliance with the Contract and upon request accompany the CLIENT representative on such inspections.
- Coordinate required test, inspections and demonstrations with CLIENT or any other authority having jurisdiction and assure that work is accessible for test or inspection.
- Inspect our client purchased and equipment arriving at the site to ensure conformance with the requirements of the Contract/Specification or Purchase Order. prepare and submit inspection documentation as required.
- Provide immediate notification to CLIENT if free issued materials and equipment are found to be non-conforming.
- Identify report and reject defective work not in conformance with the Contract. Monitor the repair or reconstruction of rejected work and document corrective action including all remedial action taken to prevent the re-occurrence of the defective work.
- If necessary retain specialists or subcontractors for inspection of work in areas where additional technical knowledge is required. Submit details of specialist or subcontractor selection process to CLIENT for approval prior to work commencing.
- Schedule and accompany CLIENT on any site visits when requested.
- Work closely with CLIENT to ensure optimum Quality Control and attend meetings as required.
- Provide support to our clients field staff in arranging the testing of materials and workmanship as required by the specifications and drawings.
- Co-ordinate with field staff and 3rd party inspection to ensure that all required testing has been performed and that acceptable results have been achieved.
- Advise field staff of quality and deficiencies detected during “in-progress” inspection and assists and advises on any requirements and remedial actions. Follows up to ensure that all necessary action has been completed prior to release as final acceptance.
- Coordinate with field staff on the acceptance sign-off of the required documentation for the final acceptance or to proceed beyond the nominated hold and witness points.
- Take the responsibility of Site Work Documentation of Conformance and Inspections for entire Project’s period and assure that the Final Quality Documentation File is always in line with the requirement, as specified in Contract.
Remuneration Package: Negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply in contact: Tom Doyle at kppm. P: 086 8205038. E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job