QA / QC Manager (Dublin – West) Engineering and Construction
Purpose of the role: Management of quality systems to support all areas of the business incorporating quality processes and procedures. Responsibilities will include implementation and maintenance of quality systems procedures and coordination of the necessary tools and resources for staff to carry out their duties both internally and at project sites. Responsible for the maintenance of the ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- Ongoing management of the quality system in accordance with ISO9000:2000 as well as with the business requirements.
- Drive the organisation to pursue additional quality systems and quality awards.
- Provision of management reports to monitor and advise on how the quality management system is performing and publish data and reports regarding company performance against set indicators.
- Collect and prepare the input documents which form the scope of the quality management review as well as the documentation which makes up the outcome of the review.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Supply of information to business units to satisfy requirements for business presentations.
- Involvement in other activities as directed by Operations Director and Managing Director.
- Act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality system.
- Development and management of project quality audits, including service level agreement and customer satisfaction audits.
- Elaborate Project Quality Plans in accordance with contract requirements and quality system.
- Support all projects quality functions.
- Check the effectiveness of the quality system by performing planned and unplanned audits of departments, processes and projects and report on findings.
- Conduct quality second – party audits on supplier and sub-contractors as decided by the management or as per project specific audit programmes.
- Analyse yearly, using statistical methods, the nonconformity data recorded in NC logs. Record, manage, check and close the NC raised during audits at company level.
- Report to the management the results and any suggestions for improvement.
- Highlight the need for a CA/PA during the Management Review meeting.
- Record and maintain the management decision with regard to CA/PA.
- Elaborate and update the quality manual.
- Verify that the procedures elaborated by the authors comply with the Quality Manual, ISO standard and QMS requirements.
- Approve procedures, templates and forms.
- Verify and notify possible procedures issues / revisions.
- Manage the approval loop and keep the records.
- Remove the superseded procedures from the server in use in order to control and maintain both the active and superseded pools of documents.
- Manage the archive.
- Manage the allocation and control of the cost centres.
- Support the business acquisition activities by elaborating quality related pre-qual and / or qualification submissions.
- Manage the sub-contractor database.
- Manage the SSQA process and implement changes at domestic level; relate with all other members within the team.
- Report on quarterly basis on SSQA progress and attend meetings and presentations.
- Deliver quality and procedure training to the staff.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience/Skill set required:
- Minimum HND level of education, in engineering or science discipline.
- Lead auditor certificate.
- Audit experience at lead auditor level (at least 5 years)
- In depth knowledge of quality systems and their role within a project based environment.
- LCI/Six Sigma.
- Good knowledge and familiarity with ISO family quality standards.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000.
- Implementation within a customer focused environment.
- Adopts a proactive approach to prioritising own workload.
- Demonstrates flexibility when priorities change and is able to adapt easily.
- Establishes objective, quantifiable goals and measures for guiding and monitoring business systems, which are translated into targets for the company’s quality procedures.
- Think laterally and creatively to produce solutions which reduce the cost base and at the same time improve customer satisfaction. Create the conditions for continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Develop successful strategies to manage change and make it stick.
- Manage pressure in a positive and resilient manner.
- A pragmatic approach to getting the required results.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Possess the necessary enthusiasm, desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation.
- Be a good excellent motivator and have good negotiating skills.
- Have good planning skills and be able to lead projects through to completion.
- Be familiar with methodologies, tools and concepts in quality management.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be customer focused
Desirable but not essential:
- Project management experience
- Engineering and or Construction industry experience
- Be able to interpret statistical data using software packages
You will have key relationships with
- Project Directors
- Construction Managers
- Department Leads
- End user client
- Sub Contractors
For further information or to apply Contact Tom Doyle at kppm, Phone: 086 8205038
or email email@example.com
Apply for this job