|The role of Estimator / QS for the Project Management Team in DCS Ireland is key to the company’s future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new projects and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and design and build projects.
Kppm seek to attract a Quantity Surveyor with broad commercial skills and a strong background in estimating whilst understanding the commercial drivers, risk profiles and key success factors for Clients procuring construction works.
The Estimator / QS will ensure robust, accurate and innovative advice is delivered to clients to align with their needs and business objectives.
• Completion of Tender documents and submission of same.
• Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender
• Take off quantities
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Complete tender documents for submission
• Prepare specifications and / or Contractors proposals
• Submit tenders and follow up
• Post tender negotiations
• Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters
• Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors
• Post contract liaison with clients
• Post contract liaison with design team
• Carry out take offs for material procurement
• Sub-contract negotiation and letting
• Preparation and submission of interim valuations
• Site measurement
• Manage and value variations
• Agreement and certification of sub-contractor’s interim valuations and final accounts Preparation and submission of several works final account
• Agreement of final accounts
• Compile Monthly Commercial reports for Senior Management Team
• Completion of Monthly Project Reviews with Commercial Team
• Compile Cashflow for Projects Department for Senior Management Team
• Degree caliber
• Mechanical and / or Electrical Background Required