|Job Ref: 03370||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Civil Engineering, Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Resident Engineer – Road Improvement Scheme (Dublin)
Kppm are looking to recruit a Resident Engineer for our client one of Ireland’s leading multidisciplinary Engineering, Environmental and Planning Consultancy.
Our client requires a Resident Engineer to manage and supervise a road Improvement Scheme, which is located in the South County Dublin.
· Site Supervision of the Road Improvement Scheme.
· Liaison between Employers Representative (ER) / Senior Resident Engineer /contractor
· Provide weekly progress reports to the Senior Resident Engineer
· Quality Control, to ensure works are carried out in accordance with Contract Specification and Design drawings, and to ensure:
a) The integrity of existing services,
b) Materials used are to specification and per design.
c) Appropriate placement of materials
d) Adequate backfill and compaction.
e) Testing is in accordance with the specification and reporting of non-compliances.
f) The setting-out of the works.
g) Changes as they arise on site are notified to the ER, including liaising with relevant technical staff to ensure the changes are not detrimental to assets.
· Checking that all Traffic Management Plans and phasing of Construction Works, are as agreed with DLRCC Traffic Section and in accordance with Chapter 8 of the current Traffic Signs Manual, and in particular that vehicular and pedestrian movements are accommodated safely through the works and on the approaches to the works.
· To ensure compliance with the conditions as set out in the relevant licenses for the works.
· Monitoring progress on site relative to Construction programme.
· Responding to site queries from Contractor and questions from local residents / general public.
· Ensuring the Contractor’s work is carried out in accordance to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
· Providing daily verbal and weekly written reports to the ER and DLR on site progress and information on any issues arising.
Education and Experience
· Suitable candidates must be Degree Qualifies and be a Chartered Engineer.
· Candidates must have good Project Management experience and must have at least 7 years relevant experience in the design and supervision of traffic / road / drainage related schemes. Relevant experience of on-line road improvement schemes in an urban area will be advantageous.
· Candidates shall be familiar with and have a good working knowledge of the TII Specification for Road Works, the Traffic Signs Manual, the National Cycle Manual and the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets.
· Must be familiar with the various forms of ‘Conditions of Contract.’ Experience in the contract administration of Public Works Contracts is essential.
· Must have a good understanding of applying the current legalisation relating to Safety & Health on construction sites.
· Must have experience in site administration and agreeing payments to Contractors.
· Hold a full Irish/EU Driving License free from endorsement.
· Hold a valid current SAFEPASS card
This is a staff position and salary is €Negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply please contact: Paul Sinnott Recruitment Consultant at kppm in Dublin. Phone: 086-0438665 or Email: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org