|Job Ref: 03060||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Construction,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Senior Procurement Quantity Surveyor (Dublin)
Kppm are looking to recruit a Senior Procurement Quantity Surveyor for our client one of the leading Construction Companies in Ireland with a strong focus on client satisfaction working with clients on their construction projects in the following sector: Commercial, Fit-Out, Refurbishment, Bio/Pharma, Health, Data, Industrial, Residential and Education.
The role of the Senior Procurement Surveyor (SPS) is to be the main coordinator within the Surveying Department on all matters relating to subcontract procurement and to assist with subcontract procurement at pre contract or post contract stage as required.
You will be reporting to Associate Director-Surveying
· At precontract stage, work in conjunction with the Estimating Department to procure subcontract packages on those projects that are being negotiated with the Employer using a two-stage approach or similar. Ensure that all packages have been reviewed in detail to ensure that the main contract requirements are fully captured in the subcontract award packages.
· As required, assist the Surveying Department in procuring key subcontract packages post award of the main contract
· Research the subcontractor market, both domestically and abroad, to find suitable subcontractors that would be beneficial for to employ.
· Assess and review all new subcontractors to establish their suitability for working for JPC.
· Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of the supply chain and working with the other departments ensure that the performance records are updated on a regular basis.
· Have an up to date knowledge of all subcontractors being employed by on an ongoing basis to ensure that we are not overly reliant on too few key subcontractors. Coordinate with colleagues to ensure that no subcontractors are being overloaded at any one time. Liaise with the Estimating Department in agreeing which subcontractors are to be used at tender stage.
· Ensure that the procurement systems within the Surveying Department are being followed. Review existing procurement practises and look to develop and improve them as needed.
Education and Experience
· Suitable candidates must have a Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics and have 10+ years’ experience as a Senior Procurement Surveyor with a main Contractor.
This is a full-time staff position and salary is €Negotiable depending on experience.
To discuss this great opportunity in further detail or to apply please call or Email Paul Sinnott at kppm in Dublin on: 086-0438665 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com