Site Architect or Project Architectural Technician : Kppm are currently recruiting: A Site Architect for Office of Public Works (OPW) for the West Region Headquarters in Headford, Co. Galway.
Long term Fixed Term Contract
Hybrid working from home options with regular site visits to Headford in Co. Galway.
The role can be offered on a yearly salary or Contract For Services hourly rate basis.
Person/Job Specification Main role is to act as a Site Architect for the development of the Office of Public Works (OPW) West Region Headquarters in Headford, Co. Galway (1226 m²): High quality office building designed to nZEB, standard.
It is a pilot project for the role out of Revit BIM for managing projects.
The successful candidate will also work on other projects being undertaken by Intermediate Project Section as required.
Qualifications: A recognised architectural qualification and be registered on the Register of Architects as set out in Section 14 of the Building Control Act. Or Level 8 qualified Architectural Technology + a recognised post graduate qualification in Construction Project Management and Revit may also be considered.
Candidates must hold a recognised qualification in Building Information Modelling, Revit package from a recognised 3rd level University.
Experience: Experience of managing public works contracts on site.
The Candidate/ Role:
The successful candidate will work in a flexible multi-disciplinary team under the direction of the Project Architect and Senior Architect.
They will have excellent technical knowledge of construction and in particular the Nearly Zero Energy Standard.
They will undertake a range of duties in design, construction and advisory projects and any other duties assigned from time to time as appropriate to the position.
They will be required to work as part of a team or under their own initiative.
Description of main Duties for the role: Responsible for ensuring that the works run in accordance with the PW-CF5 contract.
- Draft, develop and issue drawings using both AutoCAD and Revit.
- Communicate with the Design Team members to ensure that they are updating the BIM model.
- Solve problems that arise on site and produce architectural drawings to outline solutions.
- Conduct weekly site inspections using Archtech Pro to ensure that the project is built to a high standard which meets Nearly Zero Energy Building Standards (NZEB) and building regulations, highlight defective workmanship and direct the main contractor to remedy it, this information is also used by the Assigned Certifier (AC) to ensure that building regulations have been implemented in the final constructed building.
- Collate Ancillary Certificates and Certificates of completion from key stakeholders to upload to the Building Control Management System (BCMS).
- Communicate with key stakeholders in both online and face to face settings.
- Assist the project Architect and as required chair fortnightly site meetings, prepare and issue minutes.
- Prepare and present project reports to the client representative.
- Keep up to date with developments and trends in construction by attending CPDs.
- Maintain records such as sketch registers, RFI trackers, claim trackers and create Gantt charts to monitor progress against key project milestones.
- Ensure that the project adheres to ISO 9001 standards.
- Update the Inspection Notification Framework (INF) for future upload to the BCMS.
- Collate and review reports from the Design Team consultants and members to check that the building is constructed in accordance with the building regulations.
- Attend regular meetings with the Employers Representative and the Quantity Surveyor to monitor costs and to assist with determinations.
- Assist the Employer’s Representative to determine whether the works have been executed generally in accordance with the contract documents.
For further information or to apply in strictest confidence please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 086 8205038
or email email@example.com