|Job Ref: 02615||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin|
|Job Category: Architecture,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Technical Inspector Assistant – BCAR Ancillary Certification (Dublin)
kppm are recruiting a Technical Inspector assistant for our client an award winning Architectural practice to contribute to a multi-disciplinary major projects design team working on Office and Residential projects.
Our client is a forward-thinking architectural practice with long-term professional and career development opportunities and a supportive studio environment. Highly competitive, flexible and fair payment and benefits packages.
As a Technical inspector you will assist the Senior Project Certifier who is responsible for the interface between the design as drawn, specified, and described by the project Architects and, as Confirmed in Contractor’s Calculations and Shop Drawings on the one hand, and the Works constructed on site on the other hand.
Site Inspection and Quality Control – Architectural and Interiors
You will report to the Senior Project Certifier – BCAR Ancillary certification.
The Technical inspector, assistant to The Senior Project Certifier, will prepare site inspection and recording documentation at construction stage in accordance with the Building control regulations 2014 and liaise with the assigned certifier to ensure this project statutory obligation is fulfilled.
· Be familiar with the contract documentation in all trades as necessary to understand the coordinated requirements of the inspections to be carried out.
· Be familiar with Irish Building regulations and guidance documents.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier to prepare for scheduled work Inspection notifications as highlighted in the Architects inspection plan as submitted to the Assigned certifier.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in Responding to Builder RFIT’s (Request for Inspection and Testing) Carrying out a schedule work inspections
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in Carrying out unscheduled work inspections to determine the performance of the builders QA/QC in carrying out their work based on previously accepted hold point inspections.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier preparing the project monthly Site inspection report – as required.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in Responding to Builder RFIT’s (Request for Inspection and Testing) Witnessing tests in accordance with the Architects testing and commissioning schedule as submitted to the Assigned certifier.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in recording observations in liaison with Builder site team members. Preparing Site inspection reports covering activities observed and highlighting key issues requiring further site observations.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in Responding to builders MIR’s (material/plant inspection requests)
· Inspection of sample of materials delivered to site and recording on Site Reports the status of the materials – any issues with Technical Data.
· Assist the Senior Project Certifier in Maintaining and Updating Controlled Set of Architects site inspection Documentation- to allow the Assigned certifier to fulfill their role, In accordance with the building control regulations 2014.
· 5 years post qualification experience.
· Excellent AutoCAD and REVIT proficiency
· Strong design and detailing experience with good technical and site knowledge
· Successful candidate shall have a proven ability in a formal written reporting process.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
· Past experience working on large scale complex projects is desirable, and on-site project experience advantageous.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as a passion for architecture and design.
For further information or to apply please contact: Paul Sinnott Recruitment Consultant at kppm in Dublin. Phone: 086-0438665 or Email: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org