|Job Ref: 03014||Recruiter: Paul Sinnott|
|Country: Ireland||Location: Dublin / Cork|
|Job Category: Building Services, Process,||Salary Range: €Negotiable|
Telecoms Design Specialist (Dublin or Cork)
Kppm are looking to recruit a Telecoms Design Specialist for our client a global provider of engineering who work on semiconductor manufacturing, data centre facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities.
Projects will include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
· Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers
· Design telecommunication cabling infrastructures based upon client design criteria, national and international codes, TIA/EIA industry standards and Telecom Distribution Methods Manual.
· Be responsible for designing the following elements and systems:
o Backbone Distribution
o Horizontal Distribution Pathways
o Voice/Data Cables and Connecting Hardware
o Outside Plant
o Telecommunication Spaces.
o Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as electrical, life safety, I&C and architectural to develop designs.
o Are leaders in their discipline and are responsible for direct communication and collaboration with all other disciplines as well as owners and trade partners and will coordinate with and direct production resources for creation of 2D and 3D deliverables.
o Follow quality and CAD/BIM standards.
· Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and Mech/HVAC deliverables.
· Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
· Perform site surveys and design verification.
Education and Experience
· Suitable candidates must have a Third Level Engineering qualification with 5-10 year’s experience in design of telecom systems for Data Centre / Semiconductor, or large-scale industrial projects.
· Engineering/ design experience in the telecom systems with experience in equipment layout definition, minimum 4 years proven leadership in building telecom system design.
· Working knowledge of NEC and current BICSI standards
· Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
· Experience using REVIT and BIM.
· Excellent English level – written and spoken.
This is a long term Contract for Services role and the hourly rate is €negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply please contact: Paul Sinnott Recruitment Consultant at kppm in Dublin. Phone: 086-0438665 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com