Posted by admin on 13 Oct, 2017
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Looking for senior mechanical design engineer who will contribute as a key member of our Building Services Team based in our Cork office.
My client is a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. Internationally, we have over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
• Minimum 6 years’ operating within a consultancy practice;
• Experience and management skills in various sectors (Commercial, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Educational, Healthcare, Hospitality, Residential, Data Centres);
• Proven track record in the design and co-ordination of mechanical building services engineering projects;
• Established working relationships with public and private sector clients;
• Track record of working in multi-disciplinary teams;
• Experience of projects undertaken in a BIM environment would be an advantage;
• Industry related Degree in Mechanical, Building Services or Energy Engineering;
• Chartered Engineer (or nearing Chartered status);
• Membership of a professional body such as Engineers Ireland or CIBSE.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
• Technically skilled in all core building services design elements including HVAC, controls, and piped utilities and above ground drainage;
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical HVAC and clean and black utilities will be an advantage;
• Excellent project management skills in delivering and managing projects from inception through to completion with overall responsibility for design, quality and budget;
• Knowledge of thermal modelling software such as IES, calculation software and the use of detailed calculation spreadsheets;
• Managing and mentoring junior staff.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills;
• Builds effective relationships;
• Self-motivated and career focused.
You will work closely with dynamic like-minded engineers and will contribute to developing the business and your own career progression, which will be actively and positively encouraged.
This is a permanent position
If interested email cv or call Tracey 0861702901