Cost Engineer – Project Controls
Suitable Applications must have the following qualifications and experience as a minimum: Degree in finance/accounting or engineering (Construction Economics) or numerical-based relevant degree plus a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience working in a project environment including: Cost Engineering, Estimation, Contract Administration, Closure of Final Accounts ideally in engineering /construction and cost control.
Candidates who do have experience working on Pharmaceutical / Biotech sector industry projects would be preferable, but it is not an essential requirement.
High level numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail coupled with an aptitude for process compliance and ability to pick up errors will be a key attribute.
Highly Competent in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & PDF Adobe.
Knowledge of Oracle & SAP
Additional key attributes required include:
- Knowledge of capital cost estimating.
- Highly computer literate in excel, MS Office, database systems, accounting software.
- Communicate clearly with multiple departments.
- Good Understanding of accounting practices.
- Very strong numeracy skills.
- Good logical and analytical skills.
- Methodical, organised and driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work for extensive periods on own initiative and with little supervision.
- Team player.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels within the company, and with suppliers.
- Good Communication skills
Role / Position Summary: This role is a site-based role operating as the central cost/project controls person for a large project engineering team and providing direct project controls function to the Department Lead.
Working as part of the Project Controls group who work within the project engineering group in facilitating the project managers with compliance to engineering, finance, procurement and documentation policies and procedures.
Interaction with various client departments and client sub-contractors – Engineering, Finance, Procurement, and various others, e.g. training, CMO, etc.
Working as a pro-active team member that shall work on projects in a multi-discipline, client-facing environment, representing the company on an extensive project portfolio basis.
Core responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Setup up of MS Excel reconciliation tracking spreadsheets (Recon) for each project
- Raising requisitions in the system including ability to recognise errors in coding and details provided from Engineers.
- Reconciliation of Recon spreadsheets to financial spends and PO reports.
- Invoice management for all projects including approvals, rejections and Holds, Invoice queries and resolutions.
- Analysis of all engineering aged invoices from report and issuing analysed report to responsible persons for action.
- Checking invoices and splitting of invoices into projects coding.
- Vendor Management including set up in conjunction with Procurement team, and maintenance of existing vendor details on SAP as required.
- Cost Reporting – Preparation of monthly cost reports, review with Project Manager and Project Services Manager, Presentation to Client.
- Liaise with Accounting to ensure accurate cost analysis, assists with invoice preparation.
- Provide labour, margin and revenue forecasts.
- Liaise with Engineering in budget preparation, change management, Estimating, Progress Measurement.
- Produce monthly project capital cost reports.
- In the field – Prepare Capital Cost reports, liaise with Contracts Administrators, Liaises with Project Managers/Engineers/Planners.
- Project Change Management – run project Change Management Process / prepares Variation Notes and Change Orders / Maintain project control and cost trend.
- Production of monthly KPIs and maintenance of project controls process.
- Client Reviews – Participates in review / Presents cost report, analysis and forecast.
- Generate department managed service KPIs on a monthly basis for PDOCS Document approval, ITP (Training completion) and Ariba (PO) spends.
- Assist Planners and Contracts Administrators in the evaluation of progress and preparation of cost reports.
- Gathering and assembly of project control weekly reports for engineering groups.
- Facilitate administration for addition and removal on boarding/off boarding of team members.
- Preparation, Participation in reviews and presentation to management and Client.
- Produce operations backlog reports.
Terms: This is a long-term Contract Role and can be either: Fixed Term PAYE or Contract For Service placement through kppm.
Start date: ASAP.
Location: Hybrid model offered that includes a mix of working remotely from home and based on site in Newbridge.
For further information or to apply please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm: P: 086 8205038 | E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org