Fantastic opportunity for a General Manager (Lage Irish Engineering & Project Management Company/Group) for their office in China. This role would Ideally suit somebody who has worked in China and wants to relocate there or somebody who has relocated to China and looking for a suitable career move.
Our client an Irish / Global Engineering and Project Management company are looking for a General Manger for their Shanghai China office.
The package will include Visa, Accommodation, Flights, Rotation 12 weeks on/ 02 weeks off, Salary will be based on Experience, range $120K to $140K but is negotiable depending on experience.
JOB PURPOSE: As General Manager you will be the company’s representative in the China an ensuring all statutory and legal requirements are met with full compliance to safety and quality. You will be responsible for developing business in China, playing a key role in developing business in the region and supporting any subsidiaries as required and on agreed basis.
You will be committed to achieving and delivering the business plan and you will be Is concerned about generating and ensuring a 24 month backlog and efficient operation of the company.
You will Follow all local statutory regulations and corporate policies, and care about the growth of the company’s employees and their welfare.
You will Communicate through managing proactively with all reporting functions to consistently manage each aspect of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In the role of general manager you will be accountable for the business plan for China, and develop, deliver, and report against the business plan for that business on a 24-month backlog (sales order book) ensuring all targets are met.
- Coordinate activities of different functions and builds and develop a multi-functional team of professionals by identifying, developing, and retaining top performers.
- Secure and deliver the 5 year business plan for the location meeting all established targets, including full P&L accountability.
- Ensure that a 24 months backlog is in place at all times.
- Accountable for protecting all stake holders of the business including employees, supply chain participants, banks i.e. by actively managing cash flows.
- Accountable for the country’s compliance with all local statutory requirements i.e. taxation, shareholder returns.
- Implement the organizational structure
- Implement and complies with group’s systems and procedures
- Allocate significant time and effort in the development of employees, their safety and ensures a smooth timely disbursal of their payroll.
- Deliver projects successfully to meet and exceed the customers expectations in order to realize repeat business.
- Strive to maintain key customer relationships.
- Accountable for reporting to the board of management / board of directors, in accordance with company timetable.
- Accountable for developing the image and profile of the company.
- As General Manager you will be an engaged, professional leader who constantly motivates the team leading all managers to deliver their accountabilities and responsibilities with excellence. Together with the team, you will drive the development of the company’s systems, the various process management tools and actively work towards making policies for the benefit of the group.
- You will be responsible to run the business in an organized and disciplined manner and to drive the business forward working towards implementing and maintaining organizational systems to deliver profits. You will consistently drive management meetings and report in line with company requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE required for this role include:
- Outstanding leadership skills
- You will come from an Engineering background: Electrical/Mechanical/Instrumentation or equivalent.
- Possesses strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Have knowledge and experience of international business
- Have extensive operating knowledge of the Chinese market
- Good business acumen and strong inter-personal skills
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS for this role include: A minimum of 10 to 15 years experience with at least 5+ years in a management capacity working on fine chemical and or life science and or oil & gas industry projects
A proven track record in developing proposals and delivering sales.
You will be flexible to travel both domestically and internationally at short notice
Capable on previous experience to manage USD$100m business
Fluency in English language
For further information or to apply Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 | E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org