Health & Safety / HSE Advisor (Construction) Limerick kppm are looking to recruit a senior level HSE Advisor to work Nights (4 Nights per week Mon through Thurs 06:00am to 18:00hrs on a large-scale Pharmaceutical Construction Site Project in Limerick. This may suit a suitably qualified and experienced person to fit in with their family or lifestyle or somebody who is keen on working 4 nights per week.
- Higher Diploma Safety, Health and Welfare at Work or equivalent + 10 years experience candidates with a little less experience may be considered.
- Working on large scale industrial construction projects ensuring HSE Process are followed, and solutions are technically sound and compliant.
- Night Shift HSE supervision.
- Support health, safety and environment deliverables associated with the safe delivery of the construction project.
- Supporting the Project HSE Manager in execution of the HSE Managers role and Project HSE Program.
- Providing HSE guidance and direction to construction management team and contractors.
You will have key relationships with:
- Project HSE Director
- Construction Manager
And work with:
- HSE Team Members
- Office and Project Leads
- Operation HSE Manager
Technical: You must ensure HSE processes are followed, and solutions are technically sound and compliant.
- Provide leadership on HSE advice and risk management procedures for the project exposure.
- Support and execute projects internal audit program for HSE system & legal compliance.
- Partner with project leaders in meeting their duty of care in relation to their legal obligations.
- Support and coach the development of the project approach to office/site and client based BeyondZero committees.
- Provide assurance to project management that risks are being managed effectively.
- Support site and project activity as required.
- Coordinate the requirements of ISO45001 through the business systems and procedures through project processes.
- Provide the metrics for projects safety performance.
- Contribute to the leading metrics and analyses for the project within your remit.
- Contribute to new leading metrics and other areas of innovation in the pursuit of improving safety performance.
- Coordinate project HSE training and competency records.
- Responsibility for timely HSE incident reporting, that they are investigated to a high standard and classified correctly.
- Monitor audit corrective action close out performance.
- Ensure High Value and other forms of learning are shared wisely.
- Coordination and Communication:
- Contribute to the delivery of all HSE communications process across the project e.g. safety alerts, incident communications.
- Contribute HSE performance, plans and initiatives as required.
- Develop & deliver inductions and HSE training program.
- Contribute to Positive Mental Health and Beyond Zero program.
- Develop and implement key promotional HSE related days i.e. Safety Week.
- Support HSE Manager in delivery of the HSE programs.
- Engage with the contractors, client and project leaders to raise standards where relevant and strive for continuous improvement in HSE leading indicators.
- Attend project meetings, as requested to engage, consult on HSE issues.
- Engage with a number of stakeholders across Jacobs in various operational and functional.
- Coach and provide assistance to the operation and projects.
- KPI ‘s:
- Audits completion based on risk profile of contractors or as directed by project HSE Manager.
- Awards for safety performance both external and internal.
- Contribution to the wider Ireland AF HSE team.
Client Orientation: You are responsible to position yourself and your function in alignment with our core value as a relationship-based company.
- Establish positive internal and external client relationships.
- Educate and encourages clients to provide feedback to Jacobs and asks for suggestions for improvement.
- Initiate and strengthens collaborative relationships with clients and works co-operatively on projects.
Personal Competencies: Your skills & behaviours required for success that can be observed:
- Builds effective teams – building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Directs Work – providing direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drives engagement – creating a climate where people are motivated to their best to help organization achieve its objectives.
- Builds culture – ability to drive cultural improvements and align local standards with core processes.
Traits: Your natural style, aptitudes, and tendencies including personality and intellectual capacity.
- Ability to lead (Colleagues, Contractors, Client)
- Honest, open and ethical
- Collaborative and inclusive
- Caring, respectful and fair
- Humble and self-aware
- Resilient and adaptable
- Takes initiative.
- Emotionally intelligent
- Managerial Courage
Experience: The assignments or roles that prepare you for future opportunities:
- Operational, design safety, construction, maintenance HSE experience.
- HSE experience across a variety of markets preferably to include some of the following: oil and gas, Biopharma, pharma, electronics.
- Proven experience as a lead incident investigator.
- Proven leader of teams.
- Preferable industry experience across a range of engineering, design and construction disciplines preferred. High level of knowledge and experience of HSE related regulations with its application to the industry essential.
- Experience in HSE governance programmes required. Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite & other related software applications required.
- Very competent communicator both written, verbal and in presentations.
Pay Rate: up to €60.00 per hour (roughly €140,000 per year)
Minimum Duration: 12 x Months (1 Year)
For further information contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P 086 8205038. E email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org