Project Services Manager – Project Based A key member of the project delivery team, the Project Services Manager – Project Based will manage, provide leadership and be accountable for all Cost, Planning, Procurement and Post Award Administration functions for the project.
The Project Services Manager is accountable to the Project Director, ensuring that the Project Services needs for the Project is being satisfied. The Project Services team will consist of managers for each discipline (Cost, Planning, Contracts, Equipment) who will manager their respective disciplines and report into the Project Services Manager.
Our clients Project Services team philosophy is to work in a transparent and diligent manner to harness a ‘No Surprises’ methodology on the project. They provide the tools, reporting and analysis necessary to meet the needs of the Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage and motivate Project Services staff whilst commanding respect from all stakeholders through technical and personal credibility and integrity.
- Resource management – working with the respective Project Services Department Managers to ensure the project is adequately resources to meet the project needs.
- Project Procedures – align on the Project Control Procedures with all stakeholders including the Client, disseminate procedures throughout the team, provide training as necessary and ensure implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Project Services commitments to complete work by certain dates or within agreed effort hour or cost budgets are met.
- Be the point of contact for Operations, Project Director and Client in all aspects relating to Project Services.
- Ensure alignment between project services, design, and construction teams to support the Project.
- Ensure that systems are in place and effective and lead innovation where inefficiencies are evident.
- Attend and support operations status review meetings.
- Effectively present Project Services reporting to the Client and respond to queries raised in a timely manner.
- Provide necessary support to the Project Services discipline managers in their roles.
- Perform personnel performance evaluations for staff on the project.
Required Skill Set:
- Has a technical understanding of all the constituent functions – Cost engineering, Contract Procurement and Administration, Scheduling, Equipment Procurement and expediting.
- Capable of supervising and communicating with the Project Services team to ensure complete understanding and fulfilment of operations and project/program objectives.
- Capable of effectively communicating with all levels of project and operations management and with the client. Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management.
- Strong ability to identify efficiencies within work process, and to initiate and manage strategies including learning, mentoring/coaching, and attitudes & behaviours as required to achieve a performance excellence culture.
- Able to make clear and concise presentations.
- Good facilitator with excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster and grow positive relationships within the Project Services team, across the company, and with clients and partners.
- Proven ability to acquire and retain talent and to mentor and develop talent.
Qualifications: BSc or MSc in a recognised Industry field
Chartered Membership of Engineers Ireland, SCSI or equivalent is an advantage.
This position requires extensive experience in a Project Services or related field. This should include a minimum of 10 years on a project construction site in a related industrial sector.
For further information or to have a one 2 one Consultation please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 |E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com