Senior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer – (Dublin or Cork)
Kppm are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer for our client a global provider of engineering who work on Life Sciences projects, pharmaceutical, semiconductor manufacturing, data centre facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities.
You will report functionally to the Mechanical/HVAC Department Manager and on a project basis to the Lead Mechanical Engineer or Project Manager in accordance with the project structure.
• Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
• Perform Mech/HVAC plant design work across several engineering disciplines in 2D/3D integrated design systems.
• Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and Mech/HVAC deliverables.
• Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations.
• Assist in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets for projects.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Pharmaceutical experience preferable, large scale industrial, skill sets: wet and dry, calculations, specifications, detailing and sizing.
• Proficient in spreadsheets, problem solving and solution creation.
• Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector and mission critical systems.
• Engineering/ design experience in the Mech/HVAC systems
• Experience with start-up and commissioning will be an advantage.
• Experience in equipment layout definition.
• Excellent English level – written and spoken,
• Knowledge of Mech/HVAC specific design standards (minimum UK/EU).
• Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
• Experience using Navisworks is desirable.
Education and Experience
• Suitable candidates must hold a Degree in Building Services, Energy or Mechanical Engineering (Level 8) and either working towards or already gained chartered status.
You will have proven experience of HVAC systems and utilities systems design in Pharmaceutical and/or Semiconductor industries in a lead capacity including:
• HVAC systems for cleanrooms
• Specification of AHU’s and other specialist air handling equipment
• Chilled water and glycol systems
• Steam systems
• Hot water systems
• Cooling water systems
• Compressed air systems
• Specification of mechanical plant including chillers, boilers, cooling towers, compressors, pumps
• Risk assessments, safety and constructability reviews
• Preparation of tender and construction packages
Hybrid working options.
This is a Contract for Services role and the hourly rate is €negotiable depending on experience.
For further information or to apply please contact: Paul Sinnott Recruitment Consultant at kppm in Dublin. Phone: 086-0438665 or Email: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org