Senior Process Design Engineer Semiconductor Process Systems
Client: Irish/International Engineering Consultancy & Project management company working on Hi Tech Projects including Pharmaceutical and or Biopharmaceutical and or Semiconductor projects.
Role Locations: County Tipperary, Ireland (Hybrid) & South Carolina, U.S.A.
Suitable Applicants will have (as a minimum): 3rd level relevant Engineering degree plus a minimum of 7+ years experience working a Process Design Engineer a minimum of 4+ years recent experience working on Semiconductor projects.
Responsible for Design Engineering works for the project, taking ownership of design work packs and managing from design phase through to construction phase. This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on semiconductor manufacturing projects.
- Responsibilities will include implementing project policies, systems & procedures. Coordinating with the Engineering Manager, studying specifications and procedures for engineering.
- You’ll work on projects from concept stage right up through to completion and depending on the various stage of the project.
- The role shall involve the development of deliverables such as PFD’s, Mass / Energy balances, Process Simulation, Utility studies, P&IDs, process philosophies on items such as high potency product containment, ATEX / PED / CE compliance, leading on equipment sizing, specification and procurement efforts, etc.
- Organise, assign, and delegate necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as electrical, structural, architectural and process to develop designs.
- Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
- Perform Mech/HVAC plant design work across several engineering disciplines in 2D/3D integrated design systems.
- Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and Mech/HVAC deliverables.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations.
- Assist in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules, and budgets for projects.
- Develops designer effort-hour estimates for Mech/HVAC discipline.
- Are responsible for up front site selection and due diligence activities.
- Exercise judgment in developing plans or alternatives and work with teams to assure quality plans.
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities.
- Review construction submittals for conformance with the intent of contract and design documents.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project engineers and designers on a project-by-project basis.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Contribute to the sustainable design initiative within the company with close attention to energy management, design for sustainability and implementation of sustainable design technologies.
- Evaluate and provide input on new design concepts which were not a part of the original scope of work.
- Evaluate and advise to Engineering Manager on process related design changes to ensure efficient change management.
- Ensure best document management practices are applied to all project documentation.
- Forecast, plan and manage individual & team workload, progress against agreed plan and criteria.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination, and People Management skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
- Experience in Engineering Design software programs such as Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM 360 or similar is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite essential (Excel).
- Relevant engineering/design experience in the industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience in the Mech/HVAC/Electrical and ELV systems
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Experience using REVIT in a BIM environment
For further information or to apply please contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email email@example.com