Health and Safety Officer (Dublin)
We are looking to recruit a Health and Safety for a role with our client in Dublin. Package includes Salary ballpark €55k to €60k + Company Vehicle + Company Pension, Life Insurance, Sick Pay, HSF.
Working as part of the Health and Safety team you will be Construction Site and Office based with our client a Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company and Main contractor you will be responsible for monitoring and enforcing health and safety standards across the business as a whole while also conducting investigations where required.
Suitable applicants will have:
- A relevant 3rd level degree in an EHS discipline and preferably from a Traces and or construction background
- A minimum of 4+ years Mechanical and Electrical Construction Experience.
- Possess an Internal Auditing accreditation to include Integrated Management Systems (ISO 14000 and ISO 45001).
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Preferably have training / qualifications in the following areas – Train the Trainer, First Aid, Manual Handling and DSE Assessor.
- Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industry essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English.
Role and Duties:
- Develop guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards within both health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Prepare and inspect both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation.
- Conducting both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Observe personnel on-site to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees.
- Lead and coordinate incident investigations and utilise root cause analysis.
- Ensure continued compliance with all regulatory standards including ISO14000 & ISO45001.
- Be proactive in identifying both positive and negative incidents while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures.
- Manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with the Training Department.
- Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies & procedures.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business.
Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm P: 086 8205038 | E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org