Title: Mechanical & Electrical QA/QC Engineer
Location: Dublin based
Client: Consultancy: (M&E Inspection).
Projects: Commercial Mixed Use and Data Centre construction projects
Duration: Permanent Full time
The role in General: Inspection and reporting / carry out compliance re: Mechanical and Electrical Services installation by M&E Main contractors into Newley and retrofit building projects being built by construction main contractors in the Dublin and general Leinster area.
As a QA/QC Engineer you’ll be liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all project inspections and technical requirements have been met. You’ll be working on complex, multi-disciplined projects within a regulated environment so it essential that you have a minimum of 2 years experience performing in a similar role. The ideal candidate will come from a hands-on background within the Mechanical/Electrical sector, certified in a mechanical discipline proven experience ensuring successful project deliveries. This will be mostly a site-based role.
Duties will include:
- Conduct inspection works ensuring work is carried out to company processes, contractual obligations and in line with industry legislation.
- Take a consultative approach to ensuring successful handover of projects.
- Collating reports on safety visits and inspections and ensuring records are maintained and kept.
- Assess the commissioning teams in related aspects of their role with regards competent work practises, fault finding ability, quality, compliance, and customer focus.
- Lead by example and demonstrate attention to detail with regards safety and quality of works completed.
- Provide constructive recommendations to line managers with regards any ongoing training/upskilling requirements where appropriate.
- Ensure all engineers are complying with all the health and safety requirements of the business and any equipment issued is fit for purpose without any defects.
Suitable Applicants will meet the following requirements:
- A professional qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (not essential) or a time served engineer.
- 2+ Years’ experience in a QA/QC – Inspection Engineering role (Preferably M&E Installations on Construction projects in Ireland).
- Excellent knowledge of Irish building regulations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues.
- Ability to produce quality written reports.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
For further information or to apply: Contact: Tom Doyle at kppm, P: 086 8205038 | E: email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org